Seriously, I had the inkling in the past week that things weren't working out.
Something told me that things weren't going to work out so peachy as they had seemed. Waiting on more feedback from the job of choice (they are extremely busy and DO want to talk to me, so there's that), but that's not the issue.
The place I was offered to stay is no longer available. That wouldn't be too much of a stressor, but w/my two cats - finding a temporary place that's welcoming to them is going to be problematic. BUT not impossible.
Granted, if the starting salary was bumped up a little, I would be able to probably get my own little place (studio) to start.
The Universe will get me what I need. And since I had that feeling it wasn't going to work, it wasn't world-shattering news. Inconvenient, yeah - but hell, these things happen.
Anyone know of some good folks who are not cat-averse that can put me up for a couple/three months while my salary increases enough to swing my own 'jernt', please let me know.