Buckle up, it's going to be a bumpy ride cheres!

Calla Lilies to Cala Cakes - Buckle Up, Chere - It's Gonna Be A Bumpy (but fun) Ride!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Maybe I Should Consider A Change?

Went to Los Angeles this weekend to see my much missed and MUCH loved boyfriend. We spent most of the weekend 5 hours north in Union City w/our friends and exploring the area. Gorgeous place - mountains, beaches, stuff galore.
Being w/my sweetie after a 5-1/2 month separation (due to his living on the West Coast and my current location on the Texas edge of the Gulf Coast) - and seeing somewhere other than New Orleans (do NOT get me wrong, I do not love NOLA ANY less!!!) for the first time in how many years? (Austin for the cake competition doesn't count)
I still want to be in New Orleans, but I think maybe a slight detour might be in order. I love my man and having found the right guy (for REAL) finally - I realize that I need to make the most of my time w/him. Granted there is the strong possibility that NOLA IS in his future but maybe not for about a year. Still in the way early stages, but... :)
So, maybe (as per usual) the fact that NOLA isn't falling all over itself to get me there is very telling...it's.not.time.
And I'm not waiting forever. I have things to do w/my life. When that can be happening in NOLA, cool & groovy - until then...should I get the invite from my man - I'm taking it.
So, in case of detour, keep those seatbelts fastened. The road WILL lead to NOLA, but it may be via the West Coast. :)

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Psychic Friends Network Should Hire Me

Seriously, I had the inkling in the past week that things weren't working out.

Something told me that things weren't going to work out so peachy as they had seemed. Waiting on more feedback from the job of choice (they are extremely busy and DO want to talk to me, so there's that), but that's not the issue.

The place I was offered to stay is no longer available. That wouldn't be too much of a stressor, but w/my two cats - finding a temporary place that's welcoming to them is going to be problematic. BUT not impossible.

Granted, if the starting salary was bumped up a little, I would be able to probably get my own little place (studio) to start.

The Universe will get me what I need. And since I had that feeling it wasn't going to work, it wasn't world-shattering news. Inconvenient, yeah - but hell, these things happen.

Anyone know of some good folks who are not cat-averse that can put me up for a couple/three months while my salary increases enough to swing my own 'jernt', please let me know.


Monday, April 11, 2011

Houston We Have Contact!

So, sent an e-mail to the more promising position as I hadn't heard from the contact in a bit. Of course, heard from her shortly thereafter apologizing for the delay and that they WERE going to get w/me, but they've been HEINOUSLY busy. And then I heard from the big guy - saying pretty much the same thing, but also that he was indeed impressed by my cakes and wondered if I wanted to stick w/pastry or go more sales/catering mgmt. I replied that I would like to have a hand in cakes but also would look forward to the management.
So, things are looking up and I'm keeping on purging and packing and living life here.
Once I actually have an offer and everything squared away - then I'll feel comfy making it utterly public.
Thank you for your support! :)